Dial Up Service:
Van Zandt Internet IS in the business to provide you internet service! Dial Up access is the bread and butter of rural internet access! Many people who choose to live rurally have no other options. Providing you have a land phone line, and a computer with a working modem, you can typically connect to the internet via dial up access. The speed you connect at is determined by the telephone lines, which will carry the signal from your computer to our system, as well as your computer's hardware, and the quality and condition of these items.
VZINet also recognizes people have different access needs. VZINet therefore, offers two different flavors of Dial Up Access:
- Unlimited Access plans
- Limited Use plans
VZINET does not load any software on your PC to give you internet access. Our set up information walks you through changing existing settings on your PC, step by step, based on the Operating System you have.
Limited Use plans
- are limited to 24 hours per month and are ideal for those people who spend very little time a month on line. The Limited Use plan is also good for those who have high-speed/broadband access. The limited Use plan gives you an inexpensive way to stay connected when your high-speed connection goes down. These plans are offered only on an annual basis of either $69.00 or $99.00, plus a one time $15 set up fee.
Unlimited access plans
are just that - unlimited internet access. Rates start at $12.95 month for No Support or $16.95 month With Support. Semi-annual and Annual plans are also available. These accounts also have a $15 set up fee.
Please note though, unlimited does not mean 'always on' service. And remember too, our access is limited to one computer at a time connecting with your username and password. If you have multiple machines, you will want to ensure that both are not connected simultaneously as that is a violation of our policies and can cause your access account to be locked from the time it is detected until the 1st day of the following calendar month.
Van Zandt Internet is proud to offer nationwide access numbers for its' dial up service. This benefits you, the subscriber, in several ways.
When you connect from your primary location, on one number, and have other numbers available, one of the 'other' numbers may provide you a better connection, either more stable, or perhaps, even faster. We've also seen times when one number isn't working, for whatever reason, you can connect to a different number. With additional numbers, you should be able to dial in to a 2nd or 3rd choice number and secure a connection. We recommend that you keep your 'local' numbers printed out, just in case you need to try one of the other numbers.
When traveling, you should be able to identify a number local to your destination, or overnight location. We recommend that you pull these numbers before you leave, since you will need internet access to pull them. If you have Excel on your laptop, you can download those numbers and retrieve them using Excel.
Please click here to access the listings of Dial up Numbers we have.
Our DialUp Access Accounts include:
- Email Spam Filtering/Identification at a server level on vzinet.com addresses.
- Choice of plan with or without Tech Support, for Internet Related Issues
- Limited or Unlimited Access Plans
- Multiple email addresses:
- Unlimited Access Plans come with up to 3 emails
- Limited Plans come with 1
- Additional email addresses may be purchased, regardless of the type of plan.
- Nationwide Dial Up numbers
- Up to 10 MB for PERSONAL web site, off of www.vzinet.com, NOT for Commercial or Domain hosting - Please see Web Hosting
- Limited to one (1) PC at a time being dialed into the service. Should you need to have additional PC's connected at the same time (Not networked, or sharing the connection) each PC will need to have its own access account.